Sunshine Blogger Award 2018
The Sunshine Blogger Award is centered around encouraging positivity and inspiration within the blogging community. Thank you so much to Jamie Lee Jenkins for nominating me to take part in the Sunshine blogger award! Check out her blog it is beautiful!
As I always say, no one else can understand quite how hard you work like a fellow blogger.
As it is voted for by other bloggers, there are a few rules that you have to adhere to. Part of the rules is to mention the rules so… Please see below!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog, so others can find them
- Answer the 11 questions which the blogger who nominated you asked
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 different questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog site
Here are my answers to Jamie’s questions!
1. Who is your biggest inspiration in the blogging world?
I’m really digging Clem from Clem Loves. Honestly her dedication to the blogging community is amazing. I struggle to find time to fit in managing my own blog around how crazy life gets…but Clem does her own thing AND handles “Blogger Love Share” on Twitter. We salute you!
2. When you’re feeling down what is one thing that is guaranteed to make you smile?
Hi, my name’s Rachael and I’m a workaholic. Nothing lifts my spirits quite like thinking about or implementing a new project. Whether it’s something to do with my blog or my art, I love to feel productive! Yes, I know. I’m lame.
Also, nachos…nachos make me smile!
3. Summer or Winter? Why?
My birthday is in December, so I have a natural affinity for winter. I always look forwards to having time off at Christmas. It’s the one holiday I feel like I can totally switch off and enjoy. Mainly because I know I won’t have a pile of stuff to wade through when I get back to the office! Plus, I get to see my Sister and Brother over the holidays which is great.
4. What are 3 things you have learnt from blogging?
- I need to work on my grammar
- Slow progress is better than no progress
- Life is kinda cool when you have a passion
5. What are your 3 favourite things about yourself?
- I’m extremely resilient
- I love learning
- I make people laugh – probably at me, but who cares?!
6. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
CAT PERSON! I have two of my own.
Look at demmmmm *happy tears*
This is Binx / Sir Binxley.
He is really really shy. But super loving.
This is Yuna.
She is a total Diva, next level fluffy and loves cuddles!
7. What is your best childhood memory?
Spending time with my Sister. She is my hero and my best friend! Look at how cute we were! I’m the one is the super cool dungarees.
8. If you were hosting a dinner party and could invite 5 people, dead or alive, who would you invite?
Art, Wrestling and Psychology?! Welcome to my braaaain!
- Jim Cornette
- Carl Jung
- Frida Kahlo
- Rob Van Dam
- Jordan Peterson
9. And what would you cook for them?
I make a mean chili! Although I would have to check dietary requirements first. Being gluten intolerant I understand that the struggle is real! haha
10.What would your top tip be for practising self-love?
“You can’t pour from an empty cup.”
Don’t ever feel guilty for stopping to take care of yourself. Self-love isn’t selfish. It’s imperative.
11. What are your goals for the rest of 2018 and how can we help you smash them?
I want to stay consistent with my posting, keep delivering helpful content and getting involved in the blogging community. Numbers are nice but staying kind and keeping your integrity is nicer 😊
I do have a project in mind, but it will take some pennies to get started. I’m keeping it close to my chest for now.
I am nominating the following people because I love their stuff and admire how dedicated/committed they are to their blogs! Please don’t feel pressured to participate. I know we all have crazy schedules! It’s just nice to know you are appreciated. I appreciate you and want to recognise your hard work!
Without further ado here are my questions!
- What inspires you to keep blogging?
- If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
- City or Countryside?
- Would you rather be able to control fire or water?
- Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
- What would you name your boat if you had one?
- What is your favourite item of stationary?
- Where do you find meaning in your life?
- What does it mean to live a good life?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- Hamburger or Taco?
I can’t wait to see your answers! Once again please don’t feel pressured to take part.